Started Oct 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
VisionLight
Senior MemberPosts: 2,739Gear list
Like?
Re: Hurricane Sandy
In reply to Susan Taylor, Nov 4, 2012

Susan Taylor wrote:

VisionLight,

Prayers going out for you and others in the area where Sandy hit. Hope much more help in many ways is getting up there soon. I and my family live in the Nashviille area and in May 2010 we saw destruction locally through torrential rain leading to terrible flooding but still nothing like what has hit the northeast U.S. Talking about a camera seems trite when faced with what you and others have endured and still are enduring. Roughing it can be fun for a while, but the comforts of life are still better in the long term By the way, I waited a few extra days and got the SX50 at the "reduced" price on Amazon....procrastination helped a little this time.

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers, Susan. We actually consider ourselves very lucky as the "inconvenience" we have been subjected to is certainly nothing compared to the trajedies around us. The two little boys who died when a tree fell on their home has shocked the entire community. And they were just the two youngest. But the community has shown what that word means. Without power or communications, people went door to door, checking on neighbors and offering help. Nature's landscape may have taken a beating with thousands of beautiful trees smashed to splinters, but the landscape of community got the chance to shine.

Also have to say that the power company has done a tremendous job in getting us back on line in a fair way. Bill and Hilary Clinton live right up the road and everybody figured their neighborhood would get priority for restoration. Nope, we're on and, last I checked, they aren't. Now, that's fair.

Glad to hear you have the 50. I'll look forward to your opinions and images.

Vision

VisionLight's gear list:VisionLight's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Canon PowerShot SX40 HS Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Canon EOS 5D Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow