Started Nov 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
de7geitjes
Forum MemberPosts: 84
Like?
Re: a99 model studio shot. bloody good quality to me and my learnings full res
In reply to EvilOne, Nov 4, 2012

EvilOne wrote:

zoomo wrote:

Yes, in the past 40 years there has not been any picture by any photographer of any model that can compete with this one. I don't know how we were able to work and live with cameras from the age of the dinOsAurs(!) and all the bad quality they produced.

i'm chuffed with the camera and the quality its pushing out.

I looked through my older cameras OVF this afternoon and i saw a dinosaur

I'm sorry for being a Boo Bird, but I just have to comment here. the above statement about " in the past 40 years there has not been any picture by any photographer " is so argumentative that I had to post...

As most would agree, I am a Sony guy... but in my opinion, this shot is far from being a master piece... there is no EXIF info so I can speculate on the set up.. But If it was cropped as a head shot it would be ok.. not great just ok.. the dept of field is so shallow that both eyes are not in focus..

The lower half of the shot is completely soft including the necklace... If you want to see similar shots like this look in Vogue or any magazine that offers similar shots...

Now I'm not going to go on and on about this... but with everyone saying how great this shot is I have to re evaluate my respect for some people who I respected for their critique... Bottom line is I am not impressed by this whole thread..

Now I know I opened a can of worms here.. but that statement about " In 40 years, no photograph... " just prompted my comment.

Take a look at any fashion magazine, and you will see what thousands and thousands of shots like this should look like.

Sorry to the OP.. my intent was not to offend, but to point out what my eye sees. Also my feelings on the other comments.

-- hide signature --

Bill aka EO

Zoomo was being sarcastic EvilOne. And generally speaking sharpness is very overrated, unless u r printing gigantic prints.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow