NEX-6 a few observations

Started Oct 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
seventn
Regular MemberPosts: 394Gear list
Like?
Re: NEX-6 a few observations
In reply to seventn, Nov 4, 2012

Well I did it. Returned the NEX-6 and got the NEX-7. I know its a matter of a couple of months before the introduce the NEX-7n or R or something.. but I could not live with the NEX-6 "issues". When I say issues, I mean that they are issues for what I do or according to my expectations.

Did a test this morning and the video on the NEX-7 has A LOT less moiré in detailed shots. I was also missing the tri-navi thing. Feels more polished and solid. I don't use the shoe and I guess I can live with the software mode dial.

I wish they would do away with the toy-like-looking menus. Should be more like the A range or even RX100. But I don't think that will happen since the whole app thing..they probably think it looks more user-friendly.

So NEX-7r wish list?

Weather seal

Battery grip

Higher video bitrate (50 instead of 24... GH3 will have it so...)

That's it. This is all very possible. Hope they skip the WIFI/apps thing on this model cause it is more a pro camera.

On the bonus side, if I use the Metabone adapter with an EF 24-105, I get focus assist! No on the 24-70 or Sigma 50 1.4. Weird

seventn's gear list:seventn's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony Alpha 7R +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow