K30 v NX10 my findings

Started Nov 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
Ian Leach
Senior MemberPosts: 1,223
Like?
Re: Directions to heaven ?
In reply to axlotl, Nov 4, 2012

axlotl wrote:

Hi Ian, I have enjoyed your photos on this forum for some time, thank you. I too, used the NX10/11 for two years and Canon DSLR's before that. All those cams are now sold. Regarding the matter of directions to heaven: here's a suggestion: just walk along the aisle until you come to the gate labelled "M43" and enter. You can have the wonderful Panasonic 12-35 mm f 2.8 (for a price, true) or for a lot less money the almost equally excellent Panasonic 14-45 mm and match it with, say, a Panasonic G5 and you are ready for the angels !! And yes, the IQ coming off the latest M43 cams is way better at all ISO's than I ever got from the NX10/11.

I have toyed with the idea of going m4/3 but they only equal or better APSc when that sensor is not up to spec. What I mean is that if you take the sensor in the OMD and make one APSc size it would be better. You would either have same quality with better resolution (more pixels) or better quality with same resolution as each pixel could be bigger. I have a feeling the day I bought a m4/3 camera, Samsung would finally produce an equal quality sensor which would be actually better due to larger size. Of course my problem could be that I over think everything.

Thanks Ian

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow