Feeling Positive about the A99 = Swiss Army Knife of Video Still camera's

Started Nov 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
Trevor_S
Regular MemberPosts: 211Gear list
Like?
Re: Feeling Positive about the A99 = Swiss Army Knife of Video Still camera's
In reply to kryten61, Nov 4, 2012

kryten61 wrote:

Bought a D800E, obsessed over super resolution, but stopped taking photo's and ended up pixel peeping. My Late model imac stopped to a crawl when opening D800 images. Then I went to shoot video................Doh!!!! A live GH2 finder, I had taken for granted. Basically I could see that I would just never use the D800 for video, its just too cludgy. Is that a word? Well thats what it felt like, A still camera with the ability to shoot video in a very awkward way. Quality was fine.

Thanks for that, I am from the Nikon camp but had my gear stolen, thoth about thre D800 but it didn't excite me, interesting to here your feedback.

i also love the SLT concept and thin kit;s the way forward

I am very interested in the A99 as a hybrid camera to suit my needs great stills with good video capabilities.  Just have to wait for a supply of them in Aus.  Probably early in the New Year, just getting back from 10 months overseas ion a weeks time

Trevor_S's gear list:Trevor_S's gear list
Nikon D300 Sony SLT-A99 Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 85mm F1.4 ZA Carl Zeiss Planar T* +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow