Started Nov 4, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
kjh12
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
f/1.4. Any zoom lens?
Nov 4, 2012

I am an amateur photographer -- just a hobby for photographing family. I have a Nikon D90 with AF-S Nikkor 18-200 mm f/3.5-5.6 GII ED lens. Superb lens but I want to get a second better lens with f/1.4 to get the better bokeh. I looked around on bhphotovideo and adorama and can seem to find only lenses with fixed lengths (e.g. 50 mm f/1.4 or 85 mm f/1.4). Are there any lens* with f/1.4 that can be zoomed in and out?

I am okay with the Nikon 50 mm f/1.4 but really love how I have the flexibility to zoom in/out on my current lens, esp. since I have young kids and I need to be flexible. I have never used a lens with a fixed length so I worry there will be missed opportunities in capturing a great shot due to the limitation -- is this a valid concern or am I worrying over nothing?

I realize this lens is great for photographing still-life (e.g. plants) but basically, I want a lens with better bokeh (really really want f/1.4) with the ability to zoom in and out, not just tied down to 50 mm because I am worried about missing shots.

Thanks guys!

*Nikon lens preferred since I've used only Nikon lens and been very satisfied but I wouldn't be opposed off brand lenses like Sigma, Tamron (though I've never tried them to say there is or isn't a significant difference).

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow