Some Safari Stuff.

Started Nov 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
Chris R-UK
Forum ProPosts: 12,234Gear list
Like?
Re: OOP double posted a leapard. Corrected her.
In reply to Gelbvieh, Nov 4, 2012

Gelbvieh wrote:

Thanks Coll. We are heading from Cape Town via Stellenbosch to Robertson, Mossel Bay, Knysna, Graaff-Reinet, Queenstown, Underberg, Dundee, Graskop, Kruger NP. This way we can visit Robbin Island, Table Mountain, diving with the Great Whites, one or two winneries, one or two horse studs and cattle/sheep farms, other parks and reserves, do the Sani Pass trip, check out the battlefields, see Blyde River Canyon before heading off on our safari. The Kruger stuff is all booked but do you have any recommendations of places to stay above and maybe things we shouldn't miss on the way.

Of your places to visit I'd advocate that everyone should add New Zealand, especially the South Island, to their must see. OK that's where I live but the scenery is stunning.

Gelbvieh

If you want to see meerkats in the wild I can very strongly recommend Meerkat Adventures which operates out of Oudtshoorn, about an hours drive north of Mossel Bay.

My wife and I have done this meerkat viewing on both of our last two trips to South Africa and will be going again next year.  The only disadvantage is that you have to be there shortly before dawn so we have always stayed locally.

If you want any more information, please send me a message.  Here are a couple of images:

At what time of the year are you visiting, by the way?

-- hide signature --

Chris R

Chris R-UK's gear list:Chris R-UK's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow