ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
astridws
New MemberPosts: 7
Like?
Help with 55 - 220mm lenses
Nov 4, 2012

Hi!

I've bought a few months ago the sony nex 5n camera which came with the 18 - 55mm lenses. It's  a great camera but I've notice it takes bad macros (comparing with an old 2007 cybershot camera!!!) and it lacks a good zoom.

I'm thinking of buying the 55 - 220mm lenses to complement, but i'm really ignorant in photography matters, and I wanted to ask:

*I don't want to buy just a macro lenses, seems too much, and I read that the longer the focus length the better the macro, is that right? With the 18 - 55mm lenses I've tried focusing objects up close but the look blurry, and the funny thing is that I need to use my old cybershot that I don't know why takes great pictures upclose. So will the 55 - 200mm be any better???

*I would also like to take portrait pictures with a softer background, The 18 - 55mm lenses are good for this purpose but as long as the subject is near the camera, i want to have the blurry background effect with the subjects not getting so close (people usually want the pictures to be as far as possible from them). Is that also possible with the 55 - 200mm lenses???

That's it. Sorry if my questions look dumb but I don't really know much about photography. If this lenses are good with macros and the portrait effect, then i'm definitely buying them!

Thanks in advance!

ANSWER:
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow