ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
feinschmecker
Regular MemberPosts: 336
Like?
Help needed: Questions about Panasonic G5 Manual Focus Assist
Nov 4, 2012

Hi all,

I have got two 3 questions about the manual focus assist (i.e. the view where a part of the image is magnified) on the G5 - thanks in advance for your help:

* It seems that when the magnified manual focus assist is displayed, it disappears as soon as I half-press the shutter release button. Can I change that behaviour so that it keeps displaying even if I helf-press the shutter button?

* What's the simplest way of bringing up the manual focus assist with buttons (!) when in AF mode? It seems that I am able to bring up the manual focus assist when in MF mode by pressing the left cursor and then the button in the middle. But what about AF mode: Is there any way to bring up the manual focus assist with buttons then? (I know that I simply need to turn the focus ring, but I would still like to be able to do it via buttons.)

* I have also got a Sigma 105 mm macro four thirds lens that I use via an adapter. The G5 won't bring up the manual focus assist when using that lens when the focus ring is turned, any idea why? It doesn't matter whether I set the camera to AF or MF and same for the lens, AF or MF modes don't make a difference...

Thanks in advance for your help!

Cheers,

Pablo

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow