Started Nov 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Amadeus21
Contributing MemberPosts: 900
Like?
A900 and flash Metz 44 AF-1
Nov 4, 2012

I've bought not an original Sony flash because I use to do my pictures normally without flash but with tripod. For the exam fete of my daughter and seldom indoor use now I have one. Therefore I have not any experience - and the first, unrepeatable session with flash – the 90th birthday of a french lady in her 90 years old environment – fell short. I had decided to use bounce flash to the white ceiling with reflector plate pulled out and the pictures look like – as if I used not any lighting...

My questions:

at automatic TTL at flash and camera, the camera stucks with 1/60 second shutter speed. Why can't I flip through correct aperture-speed pairings as usual with the adjusting knobs at the camera? How can I manipulate the aperture, in order to control DOF? Or can force a black background with foreground correct exposed, by reducing exposure time?

Can I set the camera to "A" or "S" and in what extend can I influence the A to S pairing?

I heard, that there will be synchronization at any shutter speed, why does the camera stuck with 1/60?

When using bounce flash and camera set to "A" or "S": If the bouncing light is not enough to expose the scene correctly, why does the camera not enlarge the exposure time, to fill up the lacking light with longer exposure (or wider aperture)?

I hope I'm not stupid. I'm a landscape and tripod photographer since decades. No flash since my grandmother

-- hide signature --

Johannes

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow