Sent my D800 to Melville to HOPEFULLY fix the assymetric focus issue

Started Nov 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
CurtG
Regular MemberPosts: 293Gear list
Like?
Not Melville, but El Segundo
In reply to mguedes, Nov 4, 2012

While not Melville, I did have a very positive experience with the same issue at El Segundo a couple weeks ago.  My D800e was early production (sn in the 500 series) and the left was soft.  Sent it and a cd showing right center left vf vs live view in after waiting on the sidelines like you.  It spent about 4 days there, rated a b2 repair, although it looks like nothing was replacedfrom the final paperwork.  My tests and use thus far show everything is as it should be.  Center tack sharp before and after.  Massive improvement in left - now almost identical to center.  Right, very, very slight decline in sharpness -- certainly close enough to the others to still be considered acceptably sharp.  Pretty much the same as left unless you look with a very critical eye.  Most of this testing done w/24-70 @ 32mm.  Also tested before and after with focal multipoint. Before showed orange-green-lightgreen left to right (sorry away from the files at the moment).  Now light green-green-light green.  I'm pleased.  Hopefully service programs are somewhat consistent across the coasts.

-- hide signature --
 CurtG's gear list:CurtG's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon D610 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow