Question about GH3 and other equipment for travel to Africa

Started Nov 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
Ivar Dahl Larsen
Regular MemberPosts: 366Gear list
Like?
Re: Question about GH3 and other equipment for travel to Africa
In reply to acahaya, Nov 4, 2012

Hello Ann,

the other day, last thursday in fact, I was lucky enough to see, feel, touch and shoot with a GH3 here in Norway. Presented to me by Panasonic's rep. I have a GH2 hacked for video, G3 and G5.

My main interest was to find out how the evf and display is compared to what I have and whether there would be problems while panning. There was no significant difference to my G5 regarding evf and display monitor. Panning worked fine as a dslr actually, but so does my G5. I, albeit a man, have small hands and the GH3 is quite bigger than a G5 but all the same very good to hold at a weight of 505 grams. I find that the G5 is absolutely good enough and by having a GH2 and a G5, there shouldn't be that many occasions where you'll have to change lenses. Personally I count myself lucky and use my G3 with the 20mm as a compact, the G5 with a 50mm / 100mmm equivalent and GH2 with a 45-200mm. A 14 -45mm lens is coming with me as well. That's my package at the moment. In your case, I do understand and should advice you to go for the 100 - 300mm of course. When it comes to cameras, I certainly do not feel that the price of GH3 is acceptable as a comparison to either GH2 and G5. I would rather, if I were you, go for lenses. Good luck to you and have a most enjoyable journey when the time comes. Take care.

-- hide signature --

idl

Ivar Dahl Larsen's gear list:Ivar Dahl Larsen's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow