D600, 5D3 pics (lots) and observations

Started Oct 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
aftab
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,685Gear list
Like?
Final thought
In reply to aftab, Nov 4, 2012

1. D600 is an excellent camera, especially excellent value for money.

2. D600 is easy to use, although as a life long Canon user I found it to be less simple. For example when changing ISO, you need to press and hold a button and then rotate a dial. In Canon you can do it by using just one hand, no need to press and hold. Small things. The thing that bothered me most was the dark EVF of D600 (the difference between this and 5D2 or 5D3 is like heaven and earth). I wondered about Nikon's philosophy here. It has given so much goodies in D600, why not a bright EVF? I mean how many times one is going to use 39 cross type focus points and how many times one will be using EVF? Makes no sense to me.

3. There is hardy any IQ difference between one of the world's top sensors and a 'lesser sensor'. That would be true when you take pictures in good light or in poor light or use low ISO or high ISO as I have shown above. I find the scores of some sites to be highly misleading. A score of 94 would make you believe that that sensor is near perfect while a camera with a score of 81 is mediocre. Nothing can be further from truth. A score of 81 and 82 would be more appropriate.

4. Despite all these I liked D600. I think I will keep it.

5. Finally, a picture from 5D3.

After and before

Take care.

-- hide signature --

Life is short.
Travel with passion.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/catch45/

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow