Timing of introduction with Panasonic seems off

Started Nov 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
Kuppenbender
Senior MemberPosts: 1,805Gear list
Like?
Re: The lesson of history...
In reply to BigBarney, Nov 4, 2012

BigBarney wrote:

I believe they have met or exceeded all their other m43 launch timetables also.

They made their GX1 launch before Christmas by the skin of their teeth last year. I only got mine because Ivan at Celtic Vision went above and beyond the call of duty, getting mine delivered to me directly from the Panasonic distribution centre. I doubt whether everyone else who pre-ordered had the same good fortune, and I don't think there were many (any?) on camera store shelves that weren't pre-ordered. Canada was slightly earlier and the USA slightly later.

That was apparently partly due to some components being held up by floods in Thailand.

That said, is Christmas such an important target for high-end/price cameras? Aren't these more the sort of thing people buy at a time convenient for them. I know it's not quite the same as buying a car or a house, but the GH3 with 12-35mm is hardly a stocking filler.

Kuppenbender's gear list:Kuppenbender's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow