Started Nov 4, 2012 | Questions thread
Dutchpepper
Senior MemberPosts: 1,346Gear list
Like?
Re: Software control of a DSC-HX20V?
In reply to Pete252, Nov 4, 2012

Pete252 wrote:

Hi everyone,

Sadly the possibilities of my Sony Cybershot DSC-HX20V are quite limited although I am very satisfied of this device.

Some of the stuff I cannot do include self timers over 10 seconds, timelapses, long shutters, etc.

I have been looking for a windows compatible software that would allow me to do that without success.

I do not have access to a mini HDMI cable right now, so I was thinking of doing that through the USB cable...

Any advice on how to do this?

Thank you for your time

Hi Pete252, I don't know what you want to do with it, video or photos but I use this program with the kids Claymation Studio 3 which is great fun for stop-motion but it also has great control over your camera you can set it up to take shots from 1,3,5,10,20,30 seconds up til 10 hour intervals using your USB.

But I don't know if it will work with the Hx20v and I can't test it for you as mine is still away being repaired  I use a HD webcam with Claymation Studio 3. on there website they say "Your PC must recognize the capture device as a video source"

So don't really know if I have helped you or not but hey! I tryed

DP

http://www.flickr.com/photos/loubella/

Dutchpepper's gear list:Dutchpepper's gear list
Sony SLT-A57 Sony a5000 Sony a6000 Tamron AF 55-200mm F/4-5.6 Di II LD Macro Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow