Started Nov 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
noyo
Contributing MemberPosts: 679Gear list
Like?
X-E1 & X-Pro1 Dynamic Range
Nov 4, 2012

Is it just me or does anyone else notice the lack of detail in the lowlights of the X-trans images posted in this forum?

Have I been spoiled by the outstanding DR of Fujifilm DSLRs?

Can anyone point me to images that display excellent lowlight detail and not the muddy tones (especially on the low lights) that are so prevalent in the posts and galleries of this forum?

Is this 'muddy lowlight' trend due to the volume of point-and-shooters here now, that use camera default/film jpeg settings? Is it due to the lack of a quality RAW converter or sufficiently experienced users to tweak the curves?

I've wanted to believe the image quality of the X100, X-E1 & Pro1 could be worthy replacements or lighter weight alternatives/companions for my DSLRs, once I can save up the cash. But I'm not seeing the delicate, detailed, subtle, fine, toned images here that persuaded me to part with my cash for the S2 & the S5 (which is still my main working camera).

This is a serious question by a long term Fujista, so if you don't have something worthwhile to contribute, please feel at liberty to remain silent. Thanks.

Or is it just me?

-- hide signature --

Norman Young
www.noyo.eu

noyo's gear list:noyo's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-M1 Sigma 12-24mm F4.5-5.6 EX DG Aspherical HSM Fujifilm XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS +2 more
Casio Exilim EX-S5 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-S2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow