Started Nov 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jorginho
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,312Gear list
Like?
Timing of introduction with Panasonic seems off
Nov 4, 2012

May be I am missing something, but it seems to me that the timing of Panasonic to bring out new products to the market is off many times. I understand very well that you bring a finished product to the market, so that it the most important thing. However, what is the use of coming with a GH3 and probably GX2 right before Christmas? EPL5 and NEX6 are here now. People can get familiar with it, there will be numerous tests and there will plenty of stock in most shops by the time people will buy camera's. And that will be somewhere between 1-20 december I think.

Don't you think Panasonic is simply to late to introduce the GH3 at 13 december from that perspective? Should they not try to make sure that it is 13 november at the latest for instance?
Same with GX2. Before it reaches theshop, I am afraid it will be somewhere near that same date. You'll have missed a lot of customers already...You won't be mentioned in the many many ads for christmas presents I fear.

What do you think?

Jorginho's gear list:Jorginho's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +7 more
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Sony Alpha NEX-6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow