Started Nov 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jonzalez
Regular MemberPosts: 147Gear list
Like?
NEX-6: One small and almost perfect tool of photography
Nov 4, 2012

Just a two days ago I received a brand new NEX-6 kit ordered from Netherlands. With a 16-50 mm kit lens it's really a small package and you can take it almost anywhere. With my leather vest it goes easily inside my pocket and I've no trouble to shoot when ever I need to take good quality photos or video.

I've had an NEX-5N few weeks before this camera and I was really fascinated about it's low light capability. Only thing I was missing was the eye viewfinder and with NEX-6 this was solved. Otherwise NEX-5N was almost perfect small camera. I was expecting similar level of noise with my new NEX-6 and for my big surpise, if it's possible, It's even better or  at least similar level with the high ISO.

So I was eagerly waiting for to get to use this camera in a real environment. Finally yesterday my friends asked me to join them with the 80's style rock concert in a nearby town and I took the NEX-6 with the kit lens with me. A real field test.

Here are few samples of the NEX-6 using high ISO in a concert shot with 1600-3200 ISO. Previously I used to shoot with the Nikon D7000 but at least for my eyes these shots seem to be similar or even better than I used to get with Nikon. Not bad at all. The 16-50 power zoom lens kit also gives me quite a good sharpness. Surprisingly good. I've compared it with few of my A-mount lenses and I've nothing to complain. Expecially If you concider the size and prize of the system.

Unfortunately Apple's Aperture is not yet supporting the NEX-6 raw files so these are jpeg's. With the raw files, which I usually use, the results should be much better.

One special notice. The microphone of the NEX-6 seems to be capable of recording very high levels of audio without clipping or distorting. I just shot very  short video clips yesterday, but the sound was much better than I was expecting.

jonzalez's gear list:jonzalez's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony SLT-A99 Sony SLT-A58 Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G Sigma 12-24mm F4.5-5.6 EX DG Aspherical HSM +2 more
Nikon D7000 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha NEX-6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow