Ooh, should I get it?!

Started Nov 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
kev777zero
Senior MemberPosts: 1,476Gear list
Like?
Re: Ooh, should I get it?!
In reply to Elieser, Nov 4, 2012

Elieser wrote:

I think, it is the reason, why Sony produced NEX6 with 16 megapixels only.

1) NEX7 APS-C sensor is overloaded with pixels - 24,3 megapixels. NEX5N, NEXF3 with 16,1 megapixels APS - C sensor have much better Image Quality than NEX7. It is my opinion, my impression. Many have diametral opposite opinion. I am sorry, I say what I see. In common, too much megapixels could deteriorare IQ.

I think, it is better to buy NEX6, than NEX7. My be, NEX6 is not more expensive, but better.

having owned both 5N & 7, I beg to differ. with the sensor debate. the 16MP sensor on 5N performs better in terms of low light performance - that is all. The NEX-7 sensor does better in everything else (color depth, dynamic range). Another reason why the NEX-7 sensor gets undermined a lot is because many of the current E-mount lens just aren't good enough for it, exposing each lens' weakness. Just attach the Zeiss 24mm on 5N, then on 7, and you'll see that the NEX-7 sensor is made for high end lenses.

as for NEX-6, Sony made it with 16MP because it wants to make a statement that the 7 is a class higher than 6. However many people do desire high ISO performance, which is important, so it gets high demand as well.

that being said, I would put my vote on NEX-6 with the 16-50PZ lens as well. it's hard to beat for the cost/performance ratio!

kev777zero's gear list:kev777zero's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-3 Sony Alpha NEX-5N NEX5R Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow