I have a panasonic G5 and GX1 and am looking to buy an external flash. what are the best options?

Started Nov 4, 2012 | Questions thread
Lawrence Becker
Regular MemberPosts: 395
Like?
Another vote for the Oly FL600R with the G5
In reply to DElliott, Nov 4, 2012

It's a new camera/flash to me, but I spent the evening experimenting with the two, and they work really well together. If the flash is on the camera, when you turn off the camera, it turns off the flash - what a novel idea! When the flash is charged, the white balance changes in the LCD screen - again - cool... When the camera is in iA mode, it knows the flash is there and adjusts the ISO accordingly - again, way cool. It's actually intelligently programmed to make changes based on the situation.

I was taking pictures in a pretty dark dining room tonight and the camera was having trouble locking on - i turned on the little video light on the flash - no more problems... The bounce flash is amazingly effective - nice exposures.

I'm pretty happy with the FL600R for this camera. Not too big, powerful enough for most usual things you'd need a flash for, and when I upgrade to a camera that can do wireless flash (GH3), that feature of the flash will work.

-- hide signature --

Larry Becker

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow