Received my RX100 - realise Canon's Strengths.

Started Oct 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
peterharvey
Regular MemberPosts: 439Gear list
Like?
Re: Received my RX100 - realise Canon's Strengths.
In reply to peterharvey, Nov 3, 2012

I just handled the Canon S100 on Friday night. It is absolutely wonderful to hold!
And pocket. I now understand that the Canon S100 & S110's secret is that it is held between the thumb and the first two fingers, and this thumb and fingers can only take so much thickness and weight. Thus when I handle my newly purchased Sony RX100, I find that the RX100 is in truth too thick and two heavy to hold comfortably between the thumb and first two fingers. With a D-SLR, it has a big right hand grip, such that the whole right hand wraps around the right hand grip. In the end, the only advantage of the RX100 is that is has a big sensor and big lenses for greater IQ esp in the dark, but the Canons are actually more ergonomic and practical to use.

If I had to do it again, I would have waited for the release of the Canon S110. Nevermind. Some would say that if you wanted that much more image quality, just get a D-SLR...

peterharvey's gear list:peterharvey's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS 70D Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow