Styrian wine route - C&C welcome

Started Nov 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
fireplace33
Senior MemberPosts: 1,318Gear list
Like?
Re: Styrian wine route - C&C welcome
In reply to Reilly Diefenbach, Nov 3, 2012

Reilly Diefenbach wrote:

You would bring the blacks up, with is a left slide in Lightroom 4.2. You can't really do better then LR4 for the kind of stuff you're doing. It's so easy and powerful, it's like a vacation compared to some other progs. I used the brush to bring up the Clarity on the cliffs and the foliage, which I think made it pop better.

Thanks Reilly !, that's really quite helpful. I can now see what direction you are going in. Your rendition does pop more, and I think it looks better, maybe I would not have gone quite so far, it's always difficult to know when to stop, especailly on your own images. It was quite a hazy day and I'd already added quite a lot of pop in my first version, I'm always  a bit wary of going too far and making it look too unnatural.

I'm sure I can do the same thing as in your version quite easily in the pp software I'm using. I'm quite happy with ACDSee Pro6 It has all the bells and whistles I need.
The main challenge is not the tool itself but knowing what you want to do with it

fireplace33's gear list:fireplace33's gear list
Canon PowerShot G15 Nikon D90 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow