Started Nov 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
robonrome
Senior MemberPosts: 1,306Gear list
Like?
G5 offcamera flash blooms
Nov 3, 2012

I bought a cheapish flash unit (cactus af50) a while back but never used it much. Thought I'd try it out with a long flash cord to do some off-camera flash stuff and chose these flowers that sprout of their own accord every year smack in the middle of my backyard.

these were actually taken in full daylight, but i darkened the background using a narrow aperture f8 to f11 and ISO160 on the G5 (love the fully articulating screen for getting right down low a few inches above the ground). Cropped and cloned out odd illuminated bits.

Haven't done this kind of thing for a long time and enjoyed doing something slow and purposeful. I need to find some more perfect subjects that these as they were already past their prime. thanks for looking.

robonrome's gear list:robonrome's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Canon EOS 5D Mark III Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow