Who and why do you buy a camera before they have been out for a couple of months

Started Nov 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
Hugo600si
Contributing MemberPosts: 733Gear list
Like?
My reason
In reply to jydurocher, Nov 3, 2012

jydurocher wrote:

I've always wonder who buys any piece of techonology in the fist couple of weeks after their release?

Apart for the 'I've had it first' syndrome, best discussed on psychological forums, what urges intelligent people to buy them before the bugs and problems have been figured out by others?

I bought the a77 and nex-7 on the day they came out here. The a77 due to a few features I was sorely missing on my a700 (micro adjust, GPS) and I had an amazing vacation coming up. Other reason for why I did not wait on other to proof the technology is my history with KM and Sony (XG-1, 600si, a700), none ever disappointed me so there is an interesting feeling of trust, combined with great reviews. That trust is funny as I doubt any of the engineers or even factories creating my earlier cameras were still around, so we are back to psychology on that one.

The nex 7+24/1.8 is easier, my wife was hating her (compact) camera results of that vacation compared to mine and her birthday was coming up... it was allowed by the misses as a gift (knowing well it would also be one of my toys) so the opportunity was seized.

Now the just released a99 is missing the over important wife approval factor having bought the a77 last year, so no matter how much I want one... it is not going to happen.

-- hide signature --

Shamelessly promoting my favourite painters website (my wife's )
http://EdithsArt.nl

Hugo600si's gear list:Hugo600si's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony SLT-A77 Sony DT 16-80mm F3.5-4.5 ZA Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow