(Q) Portrait in very low light

Started Nov 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
Jack Simpson
Forum ProPosts: 11,022Gear list
Like?
Re:GeoffNS// (Q) Portrait in very low light
In reply to GeoffNS, Nov 3, 2012

GeoffNS wrote:

Thanks Jack, Yes, I still use my K10d often and was close to buying a K5 back in September when I expected it might be replaced by the rumored K3 or some other new high end flagship camera from Pentax. However, the advent of the K5II and K5IIs muddies the water somewhat for me and I'm currently undecided re future cameras. I haven't looked into a K30, but saw it got good reviews.

In the meantime my next acquisition with probably be the Q's 06 Tele Zoom. It would be easier to use than my current approach of DA limited primes & K2Q adapter to get the same FL. I'll look forward to test results of its IQ.

Thanks for asking about our recent storm. We were fortunate to just have some heavy rain here in Halifax. South West NS got more of the wind, power outages, etc. Still all relatively minor and nothing like NJ & NY received from the hurricane.

Hi Geoff,

Glad to hear Halifax escaped with (relatively) minor damages   A photog/mate from Winnipeg shoots for one of the Halifax papers (His name is Tim Krochak) and, surprisingly, I haven't seen much from him on FB.

As for the 06 Tele Zoom, I just paid for mine along with the hood yesterday and am now, just waiting for it to arrive .......... inevitably whilst I am in Winnipeg    Oh well, someting to look forward to, aside from rain, when I come home

Cheers,

Jack

Regards, Geoff.

-- hide signature --

STREET PHOTOGRAPHY DOCUMENTARY: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kkHKP4Gnd0
(*UPDATED NOV 16th*)MY BLOG.... www.nakedmanonawire.blogspot.com
****MY EMAIL ADDRESS IN IS MY 'VIEW PLAN'****
It's amazing what one can do when one doesn't know what one is doing

Jack Simpson's gear list:Jack Simpson's gear list
Canon PowerShot G2 Ricoh GR Digital IV Pentax *ist DS Pentax K-r Pentax K-50 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow