Started Nov 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jay143
New MemberPosts: 17
Like?
FZ200 - better than I imagined!
Nov 3, 2012

Again I have to thank everyone for everything they share on this forum.  Looking at what people have posted with this camera (and the 150) definitely got my hopes up that I could get some great photos.  Even in my inexperienced hands, I was able to get some shots at Disney's Animal Kingdom that really surprised me.  Realize that most of these pictures (particularly the lions) were taken on the move in a big, bouncy truck - a testament to the AF on this camera.  The speed of this camera is fantastic...pops right open and takes shots as fast as I can push the shutter button.  I will say there is a lot to learn - at the time I took these I wasn't aware of the AFF and AFC modes, which makes me wonder how many more good pics I could have taken.  Additionally, I was not aware of the shutter speed rule when zooming - all I knew was faster is better.  So really all I was doing was adjusting shutter speed for a 0 EV and firing away...and pretty much anything that fell too far out of this formula was blurry :/  In any event, I've been to the park many times with a point and shoot, and always walked away wishing for a better camera.  This time I walked away wishing I had more opportunities.  Hopefully this is helpful to anyone looking at this camera, as a more experienced photographer could have a really good day with this - and I've demonstrated that an inexperienced user can get some decent shots   Forgive my exuberance, and I hope you enjoy the photos!

Say cheese

Roar ... er, yawn!

Just a few seconds later ...

A rhino from afar

Waiting for Captain Hook

Do you feel lucky?

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow