ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Alexmakespictures
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
Recommendation for photo sharing site
Nov 3, 2012

Hi,

I'm looking for a permanent place to put my pictures online. I am just a recreational photographer putting pictures up for friends and family; however I make a lot of them. I used Flicker and later PicasaWeb, none of the two really convinced me. Here are my requirements:

- Good way to structure lots and lots of galleries, ideally a nested folder approach, maybe by categorizing galleries in multiple ways. Flickr and Picasa both are insufficient here with a flat list of galleries, main reason for me to switch.

- Way to share pictures with friends without them needing any kind of login. Both Flickr and Picasa have that with URLs to non-public galeries. Facebook is a no-go.

- Completely idiot-proof,easy way for visitors to browse my galleries. Flickr fell short here, Picasa is good.

- A good way to browse pictures from iOS devices, I like the Web Albums app together with Picasa.

- Easy way to share from Adobe Lightroom and iPhone. I haven't done this yet, but I'd like to do this more.

- It can cost money, but not more that $10 per month for plenty of GBs.

How are the Adobe offerings, such as Revel/Photoshop.com? Are the other options (Smugmug, Photobucket, etc.) any good?

Thanks,

Alex

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow