Started Nov 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JustDavid
Regular MemberPosts: 463Gear list
Like?
Bough Q today, handled preproduction Q10
Nov 3, 2012

So I finally joined the Q club. Bought the first generation at the Pentax Open Day at SRS Microsystems. Had a chance to handle the Q10 and Telephoto zoom but only preproduction models... And man, I would have never believed how big a difference the preprod items could be! The Q10 shuller lag was massive, the lens almost didn't work... Besides, the Q10 does feel a little cheaper then the metal body of Q. I'm almost disappointed I had tried now. The production lens and camera should come Monday or not much later, sadly it was not available for the open day.

Also held the K-5IIs preprod and production K-5II. Spoke to the shop manager and apparently they are selling tons of K-30 now that the price is so low! Good for Pentax, just hope they are actually making any money out of it...

All in all, the staff at SRS and Pentax reps were very friendly and kind. Unfortunately, Watford is a bit of a drive from my home.

Will post some pics as soon as I have them. Officially, the camera is for my girlfriend, so be patient!:)

David

-- hide signature --

davidsladek | virtual world http://www.davidsladek.com

JustDavid's gear list:JustDavid's gear list
Pentax K-5 II Pentax smc DA* 55mm F1.4 SDM Pentax smc DA 16-45mm F4 ED AL Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM Pentax Q +4 more
Pentax K-30 Pentax K-5 Pentax Q10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow