How to drastically increase frame rates - A99

Started Nov 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
mick232
Contributing MemberPosts: 753Gear list
Like?
Re: How to drastically increase frame rates - A99
In reply to RedFox88, Nov 3, 2012

RedFox88 wrote:

A RAW file is not an image format. This is why people must wait for Adobe to create algorithms to interpret and process RAW files from new cameras with RAW. You cannot view a RAW file as an image. You must either view an embedded JPG in the RAW file or use a RAW converter that converts the RAW data into an image that it displays on the screen.

I assume with RAW you actually mean ARW because there is no such thing as a RAW file in the Sony world. And of course ARW (or any other raw image file from any camera) is an image format, meaning that the data in the file represents an image. The need for a raw converter is no criterion that distinguishes it in any way from other image file formats. Basically any file format requires a decoding algorithm. These can be quite straightforward like in the case of BMP (bitmaps) or more complex like JPG, where decoding actually means applying inverse DCT transform to the data.

Maybe you believe Wikipedia more than myself, so let me quote:

"RAW refers to a family of raw image formats that are options available on some digital cameras."

mick232's gear list:mick232's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony SLT-A99 Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO Sony 75-300mm F4.5-5.6 Sony 85mm F2.8 SAM +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
yesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow