Newb thinking about Nikon D5200 vs saving for D600, I know...

Started Nov 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
hungryhippo
New MemberPosts: 23
Like?
Re: Newb thinking about Nikon D5200 vs saving for D600, I know...
In reply to Virginia Bill, Nov 3, 2012

Virginia Bill wrote:

hungryhippo wrote:

Not sure how to quantify how important size is but it's important. What is your suggestion in the realm of mirror less?

The key difference among the various mirrorless cameras is in viewing systems. A few (Panasonic G3, Olympus OMD) use built-in optical viewfinders which give the cameras a superficial resemblance to dslrs; you hold these cameras up to your eye. Others require you to view through the rear screen, holding the camera out in front of your face (Olympus Pen models, Panasonic GF models, Sony NEX models). Some of this second group will accept accessory viewfinders. And one Fuji model has a combination optical/electronic rangefinder, but that's another story entirely.

Micro 4/3 cameras have a smallish sensor; the various Sony NEX models use crop sensors equivalent to the ones you find in the dslrs you mentioned.

For sports you probably want one of the models with a built-in optical viewfinder. Look at the Olympus OM-D E-M5.

Do you think the OM-D has enough lenses to support me?  Also will it track and capture ( focus well) on sports?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow