Canon G15 saving .jpg in a much lower quality even than Canon G9?

Started Nov 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
Alfamonk
New MemberPosts: 17
Like?
Re: Canon G15 saving .jpg in a much lower quality even than Canon G9?
In reply to RedFox88, Nov 3, 2012

RedFox88 wrote:
But if you have to ´╗┐zoom´╗┐ into what, 150? 200% on a computer screen view to see this slight difference, that means there is very little difference between the settings is practical usage. I don't consider 200% screen viewing to be an enjoyable way to appreciate photographs, do you?!

I have posted the image zoomed so it can be easier for you to spot the difference. While viewing them side by side on a 30" monitor, in a glance you can see the Superfine one has more details than the more compressed one.

Well, i've done my part and posted in here. If you guys are happy enough with a more compressed JPEG... there is nothing more to be said. Some just want the best out of their "toys".

I also do raw most of the time, but when i pass the camera to my mother, or my friends, i just don't want to get bad pictures because they've used Auto. And no, i don't want to teach them how to use P/M/Av/Tv Mode. I'm too selfish :))

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow