Reluctantly returning 16-50 (not a short post)

Started Nov 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
PeterNMIF
Senior MemberPosts: 2,417Gear list
Like?
Sergey, I am exactly with you.
In reply to Sergey Borachev, Nov 3, 2012

Sergey, I have the NEX6 + 16-50 on preorder for exactly the same use as you describe.  I've always loved the NEX bodies with EVF but preordered because of the new small lens.  I have no desire to compare with my EM5 plus 14-54 because the NEX would be so much smaller and would fit in my jacket pocket.  It would be nice "on the street" and I hoping for good enough quality (it sounds like I might be being a bit optomistic) to become my landscape go-to camera, while keeping bigger zooms on my EM5.

HOwever, When it arrives, I think I will be immediately comparing quality with my smaller-sensor Pany LX5 with its slightly similar zoom range but faster lens to offset at least some of the smaller sensor light gathering disadvantage.  For the 16-50 to be a keeper for me, it must match image quality/sharpness of the LX5 when shot it lower ISO setting as I very rarely go above ISO200 on the LX5 and shoot wide open.

Peter F.

-- hide signature --
 PeterNMIF's gear list:PeterNMIF's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Olympus OM-D E-M5 NEX5R Sony Alpha NEX-6 Olympus E-M1 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Duh!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow