Merlijn53
New MemberPosts: 24
Like?
Re: Travel rules.....
In reply to NZ Scott, Nov 3, 2012

NZ Scott wrote:

NuFonaut wrote:

ryan2007 wrote:

Of course if I was concerned about a camera getting stolen I personally would not go to a location if India or Nepal fall into this category. If you are concerned about personal property what will happen to you personally. I don't need to see the World that bad.

In all my time here i´ve known exactly one person who had something stolen. I don´t want to speak too much for India as i´ve witnessed some bad treatment of tourists there but Nepal is one of the safest countries i´ve ever been to (except when there are nation wide strikes from time to time).

With common sense and not forgetting your stuff somewhere it should be perfectly alright. Kathmandu Durbar Square is full of people with FF gear and big lenses and i never heard of any complaints.

-- hide signature --

What´s that noise? From one of the Canon Forums: 'I just came back from my first holiday with the 5D II (I think my wife was there as well). '

Make that two people.

I had one camera stolen in Malaysia (Canon compact) and a second stolen in Bolivia (Canon compact). I had a third camera destroyed in Bolivia (Nikon DSLR - dust on sensor) and a fourth destroyed in Paraguay (Canon compact - electric shock/water ingress). A fifth camera was destroyed in Malaysia (Sigma SLR - mould) and a sixth in New Zealand (Panasonic compact - water).

India is appalling for theft. Nepal is relatively safe.

-- hide signature --

OMG. How did you do that?

In all my travels for over 40 years I never had a camera damaged or stolen.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow