Started Nov 3, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
aroundtokyo
Forum MemberPosts: 85Gear list
Like?
AF active Area and AE Metering question
Nov 3, 2012

Recently I was asked to do a review of bus ride, which I will do on Monday.  The bus ride is a double-decker thing that tourists ride and enjoy watching the sites of a city.

I`ve actually done this once before, but a different course to the one I will do next week and also with a point and shoot compact.  However, this will be the first time I do it with a DSLR (i.e. Pentax K-30).

The bus at times will be moving at fairly high speed on freeways etc, and at other times it will be moving at very sedate speeds.  As I`m not really a pro yet, I`m quite worried about the camera focusing correctly, especially when the bus is moving quickly.

For AF Active area which would be better: 5 AF points, 11 AF points or spot?  I`m thinking spot might be the best, but would like a second opinion.

Similar question about AE metering: multi-segment, center-weighted or spot?

Any thoughts or ideas would be really appreciated

-- hide signature --

I live in Tokyo, one of the greatest cities in the world

aroundtokyo's gear list:aroundtokyo's gear list
Sony SLT-A57 Pentax K-3 Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Pentax smc DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6ED AL [IF] DC WR Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC MACRO OS HSM | C +1 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow