To DPR: Withdraw post option error message in error

Started Nov 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
Adrian Godong
dpreview AdminPosts: 441Gear list
Like?
Re: To DPR: Withdraw post option error message in error
In reply to ericN2, Nov 3, 2012

ericN2 wrote:

BAD..isn't it...as with such a lot more as yet in this newfangled Forum style.. but basically I think the Options are so...

As with a general EDIT chance..you have TWO attempts at any Edit on ANY post..BUT there is a time limit - still yet unknown and stated accurately but I believe it could be no more than about 30 minutes after the first-time posting

Withdrawal - I've done this once or twice and certainly if you actually make a Post then fairly quickly wish to withdraw it - the "Withdraw post" has always worked for me without any doubt.

The othe main necessity for a withdrawal of a post though..is that there must have been NO responses whatever to that post..if there are no responses and it is in the time limit then I see no reason at all why ANY withdrawal should not be allowed.. as mentioned..I've done it several times with NO bother..but it has been within a very short time AFTER the original posting.

Maybe one fine day we shall be given a positive time scale on how and when this can be done - when severall other baffling things are maybe also explained better than right now !!

-- hide signature --

/eric
Staffordshire, UK

The withdraw post limitation is stated in the error message. As it is currently, the text involves a lot of double negatives. I agree that it's pretty hard to understand.

To clarify, the limitations are:

• Post is visible to everyone (e.g. not deleted, not previously withdrawn)
  • No reply has been made to the post
  • You can withdraw within 5 minutes of posting the message
  • You are the poster
We will simplify the text, as only two of the rules apply most of the time (time limit and no-reply).

The edit post function works up to 15 minutes of posting the original message and up to a maximum of 2 edits.

-- hide signature --

Adrian Godong
DPReview.com

Adrian Godong's gear list:Adrian Godong's gear list
Nikon D60 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow