Uses of a DP2?

Started Nov 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
Kendall Helmstetter Gelner
Forum ProPosts: 18,419Gear list
Like?
Re: Uses of a DP2?
In reply to Dheorl, Nov 3, 2012

Dheorl wrote:

I currently have a m4/3 kit with a standard zoom, telephoto zoom and fisheye. Hoefully adding a portrait or standard prime soon. I clearly have all the bases covered focal length wise and the IQ is far from bad.

If you are happy enough with what you get, keep shooting.

Another option is to get a DP-2M to replace your standard zoom and just travel with the telephoto/fisheye.

although the only L plate is the John Milch one which I don't much like the look of. Guess I could cut the grip off. Also it the FoV suits the subject obviously normal landscapes as well

The grip itself can come off removing two screws, but the frame would still protrude outward.  A better bet would probably be to look for a generic L frame that would fit.

I really like the whole thing though.

The third that comes to mind is people group shots. Again the level of detail would be awsome, and I love the natural noise pattern and like how it renders skin. One issue here could be the very slow write times though. How often can you shoot pictures at a cosistent rate without having to slow down?

You can shoot very quickly without delay, for up to seven images.  In practice I almost never have run into this limit, it's just the right amount of buffer.

Basically the camera is for any time you want the ultimate in image quality, or to be able to crop heavily and still have an excellent image.

Kendall Helmstetter Gelner's gear list:Kendall Helmstetter Gelner's gear list
Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 EX DG HSM Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sigma 85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow