How do I turn off Exposure Preview in Live View?

Started Nov 2, 2012 | Questions thread
Martin Grecner
Contributing MemberPosts: 518
Like?
Re: How do I turn off Exposure Preview in Live View?
In reply to Pugwash Too, Nov 3, 2012

OK button turns exposure preview both on and off, it acts like a toggle.

In all modes it brings up the light meter and also live histogram if selected using Info button.

Unfortunately, in M mode it does not do anything else.

In P and S mode, when turned on, it adjusts the lens aperture to what you see in the display.

Also note, that in P and S mode, when you turn exposure preview off, the lens aperture stays at the value which was selected in the moment of leaving exposure preview. It only re-adjusts to some other value (I tested in low light, so it was always to fully open) when it becomes too dark to display.

In A mode, lens aperture is always adjusted regardless of exposure simulation.

In P, A and S modes it also darkens or lightens the display as you dial in some exposure compensation, which, along with the live histogram and light meter I believe is the whole point of exposure preview mode.

In neither mode leaving the exposure simulation does guarantee you that your lens will set to the maximum aperture for critical focus, unless it is too dark, low ISO is selected and you are in P or S mode.

In M mode, leaving the exposure simulation does not keep the display equally bright regardless of the selected exposure.

Martin

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow