Started Nov 2, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tarakanchik
Regular MemberPosts: 297
Like?
Question about sharpness with Sigma 150 and D7000
Nov 2, 2012

Sorry if this is a wrong forum but I'm getting a bit frustrated with this issue:  my Nikon D7000 / Sigma 150 OS Macro work great for macro shots but when I shoot far away (leaves/trees about 50-100 yeards away or so for example) the pictures are super blurry.  I'm not ruling out user error but do make sure that VR is on (1 - the horizontal kind, should I use 2 instead maybe?) and shutter speeds of at least 1/250 (tried going much higher to see if that's causing the issue but doesn't really help).  Before I post any samples, I want to see if this is even possible to have the same lens at the same focal length and the same aperture (most of my tree shots were at at least f/8) be sharp at close distances and soft at long distances.  Or maybe it's the beaten to death issue of D7000 focusing...  Perhaps it's a trade-of with a macro lens?  Anyway, thanks in advance for answering / directing me to the correct forum.

-- hide signature --

I lug my photo equipment everywhere. Is it heavy? Sure. Is it uncomfortable and cumbersome? Absolutely. Is it often an inconvenience? You bet. But is it all worth it? Maybe.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow