So you want to know what the X-E1's EVF is like, take a look at my video...

Started Nov 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
awelch100
Regular MemberPosts: 247Gear list
Like?
So you want to know what the X-E1's EVF is like, take a look at my video...
Nov 2, 2012

I just got my X-E1 w/ 35mm f/1.4 lens today from Hong Kong. I have noticed that there have been a lot of questions about the EVF, specifically how sharp it is and how fast the refresh rate is. So, about 5 minutes after unboxing it, I stuck my iPhone up to the EVF and shot a little video for you.

It's not perfect, but it should give you an idea of what to expect. Since the iPhone and the EVF don't have synced frame rates, the video actually makes the EVF appear to be smoother than it really is. It definitely has some "stuttering" when you pan fast, but it's certainly no deal breaker. The strange thing is that when you press the shutter release down half way, the camera focuses, and then the EVF becomes much more smooth, probably double or even triple the refresh rate. You can't really notice it on the video but it is self evident when using it. Interesting...

Anyway, here is a link to the video-

X-E1 EVF Demo

-- hide signature --

Canon 5D MkII, 24-70 f/2.8, Sigma 50 f/1.4, Canon 85 f/1.8, etc, etc...

awelch100's gear list:awelch100's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Canon EOS 5D Mark II Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM +4 more
Fujifilm X-E1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow