Started Nov 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
djbrom
Senior MemberPosts: 1,225Gear list
Like?
For all the Bird Shooters out there....
Nov 2, 2012

Have any of you seen that movie "The Big Year"?  Its a comedy based on a true story starring Owen Wilson, Jack Black and Steve Martin.  A guy at work told me I might find it interesting after he noticed that I took a few pics of birds.  Essentially these three go out and see how many species they can spot or take pics of in a year.  I think this is mainly done in America/Canada and a description is here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_year .  Its not a bad movie, worth watching but don't expect an all out comedy. Its more normal and realistic but has some funny moments in it and  it is really cool how they show all the birds that one of the guys took in that year.

Anyway, whilst Im not exactly that keen in spending a whole year chasing down birds, it just made me wonder how many species of bird I have taken since I really started getting into photography from say about 2006 (no doubt a heap less than these "Big Year" people do in a year hehehe).  I think I will have to come back and reply to my own thread about this, but the question is....

How many species of bird have you taken?  Please don't waste a ton of time going through your shots to get an exact number (unless of course you can do it quickly) but t would be interesting.

djbrom's gear list:djbrom's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +9 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow