Started Nov 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bingbongbiddley
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
V1 vs GX1?
Nov 2, 2012

I'm try to weigh up the pros and cons of these two cameras.

The GX1 pros:

-Seems to be better control wise/ergonomically
-Bigger sensor. Better high ISO
-Smaller
-16mpixs vs 10mpixs
-More lenses available (I won't want many. A normal prime + normal zoom)

Nikon V1 pros:
-built in EVF
-auto focus via adapter for my existing Nikon lenses
-better auto focus

So I would like a digital camera. Mainly I would use it as a walk around, everyday with a normal prime (either 18.5mm f/1.8 our 20mm f/1.7).

The idea of using my 300mm af-s with a 2.7 multiplication factor is very attractive.

I also love the slow motion available in the Nikon 1 system, its something I'd use a lot but my girlfriend had a J1 which I could sometimes borrow.

The great auto focus during movie mode is a massive plus to the v1 I believe.

Anyway, I would appreciate people's opinions one way or the other

Alan

I wrote this a few days ago and I'm pretty much sure I'm going for the V1 at this stage. Mainly because of the FT1 adapter.

I'd still appreciate the weighing in of all your fantastic opinions all the same.

~thanks

Furthermore, would it be frowned upon to post this also in the micro 4/3s forum? Or is there a more appropriate forum as it obviously falls between two pedestals here.

Nikon 1 J1 Nikon 1 V1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS1 (Lumix DMC-FT1)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow