What's the deal with the 14mm?

Started Nov 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
Mikeywcu
Regular MemberPosts: 382Gear list
Like?
Re: What's the deal with the 14mm?
In reply to g2van, Nov 2, 2012

g2van wrote:

I love the 14 for it's size and versatility -- for me, 28mm works for alot of my needs as a go-to set-up (with my OMD). I had the 12 and sold it -- it was great but maybe I didn't know how to use the 24mm at that time and it was too expensive to keep and it wasn't compact. I find that I always need 1 very compact set-up so ease of carry. I bought the 14 from the bay like many have mentioned and it's the real deal (but without warranty). For about $180, it's worth every purple fringing penny. There's a blogger that shows how the 14 shines: phototravelasia.blogspot.com.

Thanks for all of the feedback. I plan on using the lens for portraits. I have the 45 1.8 for individual portraits, but I thought the 14 would be good for family shots. I actually don't have a kit zoom. I sold my E-3 and 12-60 and picked up the OMD, 45 1.8, and HLD-6. Anyone have any group portraits shot with the 14mm?

Mikeywcu's gear list:Mikeywcu's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:1.8 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow