Started Nov 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
EyeCU2
New MemberPosts: 16Gear list
Like?
P510 issue
Nov 2, 2012

I am back into photography as a hobby after a 14year break.  I really just needed an excuse to a buy new camera and my wife having a baby was that excuse.  Phone and point and shoot cameras do not take very good photos and do not allow me to take another picture within a second.

Love my P510, and find it, this is hard to say and admit, better in some ways then the DSLRs my family members own.  I can go into those details later but really would like some advice.

My camera will stop taking pictures after about a hundred or so shots.  Screen works, all the buttons work. I can change modes and options, but will not take a picture when I hit the shutter.  the only way to get it working again is to take out the battery and put it back in.  it has done this sinse about 6 weeks of ownership. I have opened a case with Nikon and they want me to send them the camera, but dont like the idea will be out of my hands for weeks when I use it just about every other day.

I think this is a software issue and would like to reinstall the OS as a test but have no idea how to or where to get the OS as there are not any updates.

Has anyone else had simular problems on their P510?

btw, this site is awsome!

EyeCU2's gear list:EyeCU2's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P510
Nikon Coolpix P510
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow