Started Nov 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
onechobeach
Regular MemberPosts: 193
Like?
Amtrak photography journey
Nov 2, 2012

I posted a similar thread on Amtrak Unlimited with very little response so here goes.

I am considering an Amtrak journey across the USA, stopping of in small towns en route to photograph small town America and do some hiking, walking as well.

I am considering taking 6 weeks to travel from New York south to New Orleans, thru Texas, Arizona into California and then back East on the California zephyr back to New York.

The criteria is small town America . Towns with easy access, Amtrak stations close to downtown, possible hiking trails, walking, photography and blogging.

Not all the stops have to be small but a few of interest so far are Winnemucca  or Elko, Glenwood Springs, Alpine in Texas, Austin (not small I know ), Harpers landing.

So any small town locations on the Crescent, Zephyr or Texas Eagle lines that you feel would make an excellent stopover,

Thanks Phil.

p.s town has a hostel or Airbnb would be ideal as it becomes completely unnafordable staying in hotel rooms,

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow