Started Oct 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
b33g33
Senior MemberPosts: 1,070Gear list
Like?
Re: Nice 70-200 F4 impression on FM, good samples
In reply to DRode, Nov 2, 2012

DRode wrote:

nikkorwatcher wrote:

Only test chart photos are convincing for me. I already know what f4 looks like. Subjective shots around the park and zoos are alright for point'n'shoots.

Are you planning to buy a lens to photograph test charts? What do you do with the finished prints? I can't imagine hanging a photo of a test chart on my wall but to each their own.

While MTF scores and test charts are useful in some instances but I'm far more interested in how the lens performs in the hands of a real photographer shooting a variety of non-test chart subject. I'm going to keep my 70-200 f/2.8 anyway but the new f/4 looked pretty solid in in the shots posted at FM.

-- hide signature --

You took the words right out of my mouth.

I only visit DPReview once every few months now but you can always count on the pixel-peeping nonsensical comments to be a mainstay.

-- hide signature --

What you know imprisons you

b33g33's gear list:b33g33's gear list
Nikon D50 Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow