Started Nov 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
GMussio
Regular MemberPosts: 193
Like?
Fuji EF-42 Flash Thoughts?
Nov 2, 2012

Hi guys.  I was wondering if anyone had any decent experience with the Fuji EF-42 flash.  I shot with Canon for nearly 10 years and at one point had 1 580 EXII and 2 430EXII.  I also had an array of diffusers, stands, and umbrellas.  I still have a couple of stands and umbrellas that I never sold as well a couple of radio triggers (Impact non-TTL) when I made the jump once and for all from Canon to Fuji (starting with the X100).  That said, I occasionally miss shooting with a flash off camera and was wondering how good the EF42 stacks up to at least the 430.  I occasionally like to shoot portraits out in the dusk or dawn and I know the 430 was capable (at full power or half) of shooting through a 52" umbrella about 5' away.  What do you think the EF42 is capable of outdoors?  Indoors?  How well does it bounce and meter TTL?  Any an all advice and insight is greatly welcomed!

Fujifilm FinePix X100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow