Started Nov 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
gooseta
Contributing MemberPosts: 703Gear list
Like?
What Tele Zoom, What UWA
Nov 2, 2012

I'm going on a trip in April to shoot landscapes, haven't decided, probably somewhere like norway slovakia whatever. but I'll be needing my first ever uwa. So there are many and I want something in the range of 12-20 with low distortion and great sharpness at 1 or 2 stops down. I have looked at the Samyang 14mm, sigma 10-20 f3.5 and f4.5, sigma 8-16, pentax 14mm, pentax 12-24, tamron 10-24, pentax 15mm. I would prefer to keep it reasonably priced but my budget is around 750pounds ($1200). I like the focal range of the Tamron but understand it is not that sharp. I also liked the look of the opentax but there seems to be some serious ca. I am seriously comparing the Samyang and Pentax 14mm and 15mm primes, the Sigma 10-20s and 8-16.

About the tele zoom, I shoot long portraits often and dabble in some birding etc. I would like to know if the Pentax 60-250 is long enough for mild birding, portraits, and airshows, or would a 150 bigma and 50-135 combo be better for my use?

-- hide signature --

Angad S. aka gooseta
Amateur photographer
NEW SITE : angadsrin.zenfolio.com

gooseta's gear list:gooseta's gear list
Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA 17-70mm F4.0 AL (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA* 300mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Sigma 70mm F2.8 EX DG Macro Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM +1 more
Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow