Started Nov 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Stevie Boy Blue
Contributing MemberPosts: 761
Like?
HOW much of a PANASONIC FAN ARE YOU?
Nov 2, 2012

Having just read another thread in which the OP questions whether the company may be doomed due to ‘massive losses’, I got to contemplating how much I’ve bought and used Panasonic products over the years. Although I wouldn’t regard myself as totally brand loyal, I do own more Panasonic products than any other brand in the electrical goods industry.

It’s only relatively recently that I passed on an FZ38 to a close friend, but I still possess an FZ20, FZ28, FZ150 and FS62 in the stills camera department. To those I can add one Flat screen Plasma TV, a DVD Player, 2 Video Recorders, a Mini hi-fi system, a vacuum cleaner, a portable telephone and 2 old analogue camcorders.

So, compared to my one Canon Powershot A610, A JVC portable hi-fi, one Hitachi CD player and a Sony Dictaphone, it seems that the Panasonic brand and the obvious reliability associated with their electrical goods influences me more than the competition. Overall, I guess I’ve been more than pleased with the generally excellent value for money offered by Panasonic products. Otherwise, I guess I wouldn’t have purchased anywhere near the amount of their stuff that I’ve had to date.

Therefore, I suppose at the very least I can call myself a big Panasonic Fan, but what about other forum visitors? Does your interest in Panasonic products begin and end in their cameras? Or like me, do you own other electrical goods made by the same company?

If so, do feel free to list any items you don’t mind revealing below. That way, we might gain further insight as to how large a player Panasonic actually is, save to mention the sheer number of different products offered by a company many may not realise is quite so big and far-reaching. And of course, despite the criticism of its so-called inferior marketing policy and those huge financial losses brought about by the recession and perceived competition from the likes of Samsung.

Thanks and regards to all,

Stevie Boy

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow