Problems with a99 EVF? Mine looks awful.

Started Nov 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rothwells
Regular MemberPosts: 292Gear list
Like?
Problems with a99 EVF? Mine looks awful.
Nov 2, 2012

I am concerned I have a bad a99 EVF.  I have owned an a77 since they came out last year and, I my opinion, the EVF in the a77 was like looking out a window.... flawless.

Now I have my a99 I received yesterday and my EVF looks terrible.

Look at the picture below....  see the basketball backboard?  See the leaves in the trees?  In my EVF there is a TON of aliasing all around the edges of the backboard.  The trees constantly shimmer from the same aliasing.

The other picture has a driveway made up of rocks.  In my EVF, the driveway looks like it is in motion there is so much shimmering going on.

Obviously I can't take a picture of what the EVF looks like, but I have taken pictures in these areas many times before with my a77 I never noticed anything like this -- the EVF has looked perfect.

Unfortunately I sold my a77 a couple of weeks ago so I can't run out an look again.  With all the rave reviews, I think terrible aliasing, moiré and shimmering in the EVF would have been mentioned...

Can anyone confirm or deny this in their a99?

Thanks!

Basketball backstop had bad aliasing in EVF

Driveway looked like it was in motion it had so much shimmering in the EVF

rothwells's gear list:rothwells's gear list
Sony Alpha 7S Sony FE 24-70mm F4 OSS Sony FE 70-200 F4 +1 more
Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow