David43Fan
Regular MemberPosts: 114
Like?
Re: This is just wrong.....
In reply to Kevdog, Nov 2, 2012

Kevdog wrote:

tedolf wrote:

David43Fan wrote:

[snip] The E-PL2 sensor will give much the same IQ as his XZ-1. [ Demonstrably false. Tedolph]

The kit lens on an older sensor Olympus will perform much the same as the XZ-1. I know, I own both (E-PM1 and XZ-1). There are differences of course, but they are minor in most situations.

The newer gen E-PM2/PL5/M5 allow the ISO to be pushed much higher (6400) to help compensate for the slower lens in low light. But that still doesn't change the fact that the XZ-1 has a great little lens in it. Very very sharp. Reminds me of the Pany 14-45, but much faster. It is a better quality lens than the Oly 14-42 kit lens.

I thank you for the back up vote. Perhaps Tedolf would like to "Demonstrate"? I had the XZ-1 and E-PL1 at the same time and traded the E-PL1 up to E-PL2 for various reasons, most of which are stated here: http://www.stevehuffphoto.com/2011/02/02/the-olympus-e-pl2-digital-camera-review-12-improvements-over-the-e-pl1/ IQ is much the same between E-PL1 and E-PL2, I know, I've had them both, but for this particular OP I recommended the E-PL2 due to my own experience of its shortcomings compared to the E-PL2 AND because the operation of XZ-1 and E-PL2 are so similar using the control wheel on the back. I also know the IQ of the XZ-1, E-PL2 and E-PL1 are all very similar due, as has been said (and agreed with by Tedolf), to the fact that lenses are so important and the XZ-1's lens is exceptional and faster than the m43 kit lenses. That said, perhaps Tedolf's disagreement with my statement was due to him thinking about a particular prime m43 lens on the E-PL2 in his mind's eye?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow